After the SlimBean Build 1, the SlimROMs team has officially announced the release of Build 2 ROMs featuring the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. The new custom build brings several customised features and addresses the bug issues discovered in the previous release. Adding to that, the SlimBean Build 2 integrates The Real Dark Slim (TRDS).
SlimBean Build 2 features
TheRealDarkSlim Toggle (Initial)
Shiny new SlimSizer
Renamed SlimOTA to SlimCenter
SlimFilemanager added to root functionality
Extended QuickSettings style options
New Notification/Lockscreen Shortcut icons
Configurable QS long press
Update DashClock to latest versions
Configurable Notification behavior
NFC Polling Mode (AOKP)
LckscreenPattern: Toggle dots/error pattern visibility (From CM)
Added Power/Camera to Lockscreen long press button actions
Add USB Tether tile
Add LTE tile
Advanced low battery indicator options
Return to call log after call
Mark dismissed call as missed
Automatic keyboard rotation feature
Full screen toggle added to browser menu
Add signature to Messaging
Customised charging battery colour
Added more scenes and focus modes to camera
Added exposure and jpeg quality to video came
Device specific features
I9100G: Fast charge support
N7100: S-Pen power saving mode
OneX: new features
Mako: Updated prebuilt kernel
Manta: Updated binaries
Tuna: Updated binaries
NavBar back/menu firing after long press actions
NavBar 'kill app' action killing system apps and crashing system
A2DP streaming sound quality fixes
HighEndFX properly hidden on devices with native support
HTML5 audio playback
BT tethering label
D2: Long press timing issue causing short press to act as long
D2: Fix routing for BT voice dial feature
I9100: Low headphones sound issue fixed
I9100: Fixed pinch to zoom camera
Toro plus: Fixed GPS
Head over to the source page to learn more about known issues and new apps about the ROM.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 users, who wish to install the SlimBean Build 2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on their devices, may follow our step-by-step instructions guide. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any mishap. The aforementioned Jelly Bean ROM works only with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with model number N7100; installing this on incorrect variant may brick the device.
1) Download and install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the tablet which will allow to connect the device with the computer and use the Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there, navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) Create back-up for all the data of the device.
4) Ensure the battery of the Galaxy Note 2 has above 80 per cent of charge.
5) The phone should be factory unlocked.
6) The Note 2 should be rooted and have ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed.
Steps to install SlimBean Build 2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100
1) Download SmilBean Build 2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy Note 2 to the computer
2) Download Google Apps package
3) Connect the Galaxy Note to the computer using USB cable. Then copy the downloaded zip files to the SD card of the device. Ensure that the files are in the SD card root not in any folder
4) Unplug the USB cable from the phone and switch it off
5) Now put the device into Recovery Mode by turning it on while pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together
6) In Recovery Mode, perform a full data wiping task by selecting 'wipe data/factory reset
7) Then perform a cache wipe by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
8) Now perform a wipe of dalvik cache. From CWM Recovery, navigate to 'advanced' and then select 'wipe dalvik cache.' This step is optional but users are advised to perform this so that boot loops or other errors will not occur
9) Once the action is completed, return to the main recovery menu and browse to 'install zip from Sdcard' and press the Power button to select it
10) Select 'choose zip from sdcard' and select it by pressing the Power button. Now locate the Jelly Bean ROM zip file which is saved in the SD card. Select it using the Power button and confirm installation on the next screen. The installation should start now
11) After the ROM is installed, repeat the same procedure to install the Google Apps file
12) As the installation process completes, go to "+++++Go Back+++++" and reboot the device by selecting 'reboot system now' from main recovery menu. The Note will boot now and this step is likely to take about five minutes
After the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 boots up successfully it should be running on SlimBean Build 2 custom firmware based on Android 4.2.2. Head over to Settings>> About Phone to verify the software version of the device.
[Source: Team Android]