Samsung has rolled out Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update with base firmware XXDMC3 for the international 3G + Wi-Fi version of the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 with model number GT-P5100. The XXDMC3 Jelly Bean is currently available for the Galaxy Tab 2 users from France. Users can grab the update via Samsung KIES.
The XXDMC3 is an unbranded version of firmware which means it can be installed on any Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 except those which are from China, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
Version: Android 4.1.2
Region supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and UK
The Galaxy tablet users who fail to upgrade their devices with Android 4.1.2 XXDMC3 Jelly Bean via official method for being region specific, may follow our step-by-step guide to install the update manually.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage. Before proceeding, users are also advised to verify that their devices meet following requirements.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 on the computer.
2) Ensure that USB Debugging Mode is enabled on the tablet to connect the Android device with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) The tutorial is likely to wipe all the data of the tablet. Therefore, before proceeding create backup of all data of the device. If the tablet is having a custom recovery such as CWM/TWRP already installed, then users are recommended to backup the data using the same.
4) The Tab 2 10.1 should be factory unlocked.
5) Verify that the tablet has above 80 per cent of battery charge.
6) The tablet will lose custom firmware with the installation of official firmware. Additionally, it will no longer belong to rooted version once the official update is installed.
8) The Android 4.1.2 XXDMC3 Jelly Bean works only on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100. Flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device. Therefore, verify the model number of Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 by navigating to Settings>> About tablet.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXDMC3 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100
1) Download Android 4.1.2 XXDMC3 Jelly Bean official firmware for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to the computer. Then extract the downloaded zip file to get a .tar or .tar.md5 file along with some other files
2) Download Odin3 v3.07 which will help to install the Jelly Bean firmware. Extract the zip file
3) Turn off the Galaxy tablet. Now place the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power buttons together until a warning screen appears. Then press the Volume Down button to continue to enter Download Mode
4) Run Odin on the computer
5) Connect the Galaxy Tab 2 to the computer using USB cable while the device is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the tablet is connected successfully ID: COM will turn yellow. In case Odin does not detect the device then try another USB port, try the port located at the back side of the computer. If that does not work too then re-install USB driver
6) Now select these files extracted from the XXDMC3 folder to install on the tablet
a) Click the PDA button and select file with .tar or .tar.md5 extension
b) Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore the steps b, c and d if such files are not found.
7) In Odin, verify that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected. But leave the Re-Partition option unchecked
8) Now hit the Start button in Odin to begin the flashing firmware. The installation process should begin now and it would take some time to complete
9) Upon the completion of the flashing process, a PASS message will appear in Odin indicating successful installation. The tablet will then reboot automatically. Once the home screen appears on the screen, users may unplug the USB cable from the tablet to disconnect it from the computer
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 should be now updated with Android 4.1.2 XXDMC3 Jelly Bean official firmware. Head over to Settings>> About tablet to verify the software version running on the device.
[Source: Android ROM Update]