Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp is confident of retaining the services of Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Tom Carroll until the end of the season.
The former Spurs boss signed 21-year-old Carroll on loan at the beginning of the campaign in a deal sanctioned during Andre Villas-Boas' reign as first team coach.
But following his appointment Tim Sherwood has mulled over the prospect of recalling the England Under-21 international with whom he worked closely in the club's development side.
The Spurs boss has already shown he is willing to utilise the club's young talent in the first team in his handling of 19-year-old Nabil Bentaleb, who has been handed a string of starts.
The Premier League club would not permit Carroll to take part in QPR's FA Cup tie with Everton as they considered recalling him, but Redknapp is growing increasingly confident Sherwood and Spurs will choose to left the youngster remain at Loftus Road until the end of the season.
"We've had no word from Tottenham about him going back, so at the moment everything is okay," Redknapp told reporters, Get West London reports.
"We're hopeful. They could pick up the phone at any time, but Tim hasn't told me otherwise.
"Tom is a good footballer and it has been a learning experience for him. It's different to being at Tottenham and playing in under-21 games.
"The Championship is a lot more hurly-burly and more physical, so it's been good for him. I think he needs to play, but that is Tim's decision."
Although the centre of midfield has been an area slightly bereft of cover in early 2014 for Spurs, the imposing Brazilian duo of Paulinho and Sandro made their returns from injury for the under-21 side last week and are in contention for the visit of Manchester City on Wednesday.