The TaiG team has just updated their untethered jailbreak tool to version 2.1.2 with Cydia Substrate or, Mobile Substrate. This is a stable version and squashes all the bugs noted in the previous release.
For those who have already jailbroken the devices with TaiG v2.0.0, there is no need to jailbreak the device again. They just need to update TaiG 8.1.3-8.x untether through a TaiG source (apt.taig.com) or, 3K source (apt.3kzhushou.com).
Those who were waiting for a stable version and have not installed the jailbreak yet, may check the following guide.
Compatible iOS devices
- iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini and iPod touch 5G
- TaiG jailbreak tool is currently available for Windows only.
- TaiG is an untethered jailbreak version.
- Do create a backup using iCloud or, iTunes before you start the jailbreak process, which might wipe out all data of your iOS device.
- If you get a warning saying 'Storage Almost Full', run Cydia.
- If the jailbreak process fails, turn off Wi-Fi and try again. If that does not work too, use TaiG Pro to restore and try to jailbreak again.
- Ensure that your iOS device has 80% battery.
- TaiG jailbreak v2.1.2 supports iOS 8.1.3- iOS 8.3. If you have not already done so, update your iOS device to iOS 8.3 with TaiG Pro before jailbreak.
- IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device.
How to untether jailbreak iOS 8.1.3-iOS 8.3 on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch with TaiG v2.1.2
Step-1: Download TaiG untethered jailbreak v2.1.2 toolon your PC
Step-2: Connect your iOS device to the PC using USB cable
Step-3: Go to Settings>> Passcode>> enter your Passcode>> Turn Passcode off>> enter Passcode
Step-4: Turn off Find My iPhone from Settings>> iCloud>> Find My iPhone
Step-5: Launch TaiG jailbreak application as an Administrator while your iOS device is connected to the PC. Right-click on TaiG exe and select 'Run as Administrator' from the drop-down menu
Step-6: Wait until TaiG detects your iOS device. When it shows your device with the correct firmware version, uncheck 3K Assistant, which is just below Cydia 1.1.16
Step-7: Click Start button to jailbreak. You should see a circular progress bar. Wait patiently for the process to complete
Step-8: When the jailbreak is completed, your device will reboot automatically. A message will appear saying 'Jailbreak succeeded'. You should see the Cydia icon on your device's home screen
After the jailbreak is completed, do not forget to re-enable the Passcode and Find My iPhone features. Head over here if you experience issues with the jailbreak.