The TaiG team has just announced an untethered jailbreak with support for iOS 8.1.3 – iOS 8.3 for Windows.
Jailbreak fans looking for a method to perform the untether jailbreak may follow our step-by-step guide below. But note that the jailbreak is compatible with the following iOS devices running on iOS 8.1.3, iOS 8.2 and iOS 8.3.
- iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini and iPod touch 5G
- TaiG jailbreak tool is currently available for Windows only
- TaiG is an untethered jailbreak version
- Do create a backup using iCloud or, iTunes before you start the jailbreak process, which might wipe out all data of your iOS device
- If you get warning saying Storage Almost Full, run Cydia
- If the jailbreak process fails, turn off Wi-Fi and try again. If that does not work too, then use TaiG Pro to restore and try to jailbreak again
- Ensure that your iOS device has 80% battery
- TaiG jailbreak v2.0.0 supports iOS 8.1.3- iOS 8.3. If you have not done so already, update your iOS device to iOS 8.3 with TaiG Pro before jailbreak
- IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device.
How to untether jailbreak iOS 8.1.3-iOS 8.3 on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch with TaiG v2.0.0
Step-1: Download TaiG untethered jailbreak v2.0.0 tool on your PC
Step-2: Connect your iOS device to the PC using USB cable
Step-3: Go to Settings>> Passcode>> enter your Passcode>> Turn Passcode off>> enter Passcode
Step-4: Turn off Find My iPhone from Settings>> iCloud>> Find My iPhone
Step-5: Launch TaiG jailbreak application as an Administrator while your iOS device is connected to the PC. Right-click on the TaiG exe and select Run as Administrator from the drop-down menu
Step-6: Wait until TaiG detects your iOS device. When it shows your device with the correct firmware version, uncheck 3K Assistan, which is just below Cydia 1.1.16
Step-7: Click Start button to jailbreak. You should see a circular progress bar. Wait patiently for the process to complete
Step-8: When the jailbreak is completed, your device will reboot automatically. A message will appear saying 'Jailbreak succeeded'. You should see the Cydia icon on your device's home screen
After the jailbreak is completed, do not forget to re-enable the Passcode and Find My iPhone features.
In case you come across issues with the jailbreak, click here to get help for troubleshooting issues.