The TaiG jailbreak developer team has issued a new update, v1.3.0, to their untethered jailbreak tool, which supports iOS 8.2 beta 2 and beta 1; it is meant for Windows only.
If you are a Mac user, you can always use the PP jailbreak tool to perform a jailbreak of your device running iOS 8.2 beta 2. But the iOS 8.2 is currently in its fifth beta version, which Apple seeded earlier this month. Also, iOS 8.2 beta 2 is not available on the Member Center- Apple Developer site, so you will have to Google to get the download links for iOS 8.2 beta 2 firmware files.
The iOS 8.2 beta 2 has no expiry date, unlike other betas, so you can jailbreak your device once you update it with the beta version.
If you are looking for a method to install TaiG jailbreak 1.3.0 on your iOS 8.2 beta 2 powered device check out the following installation guide.
Compatible iOS devices
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, Retina iPad mini, iPad mini 1st gen
- iPod touch 5th generation
- TaiG jailbreak tool is currently available for Windows. Mac users can use PP jailbreak.
- TaiG is an untethered jailbreak version.
- As the jailbreak process might wipe out all data of your iOS device, create a backup of all your data using iCloud or, iTunes.
- Disable any anti-virus programme or, firewalls temporarily. These programmes could prevent TaiG jailbreak from connecting to the internet.
- If you are running iOS 8.1.2, then stay on the same version rather than upgrading to iOS 8.2 beta as a few tweaks are not compatible with iOS 8.2.
- Ensure that your iOS device is having 80% battery.
- IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device.
How to jailbreak iOS 8.2 beta 1 and beta 2 with TaiG jailbreak v1.3.0
Step-1: Download the latest version of TaiG jailbreak tool on your PC, then unzip the zip file
Step-2: Connect your iOS device to the PC using USB cable
Step-3: Go to Settings>> Touch ID & Passcode and disable the Passcode
Step-4: Turn off Find My iPhone from Settings>> iCloud>> Find My iPhone
Step-5: Launch TaiG jailbreak application 'as an Administrator' on the computer. Right-click on the TaiG exe and select 'Run as Administrator' from the drop down menu
Step-6: TaiG will take some time to detect your iOS device. When it shows the correct firmware version, deselect TaiG App Store (in Chinese), can be found below Cydia 1.1.16
Step-7: Click on the green jailbreak button (Begin/ Start) to get started with the jailbreak. You should see a circular progress bar
Note: If TaiG gets stuck at 30% or so, there is nothing to worry. Wait for about 20-30 minutes for further progress in the process. This might take an even longer time than usual if you are using a virtual machine.
Step-8: When the jailbreak is completed, your device will reboot automatically. You should see the Cydia icon on your device's Home screen
You can now enjoy your jailbroken iOS device. Do not forget to re-enable the passcode and Find My iPhone features after the jailbreak process.
[Source: iPhone hacks]