HTC has just started rolling out the latest build (v1.40.401.5) of Android 5.0 Lollipop over-the-air (OTA) update for the international variant of HTC One M9, which brings a bunch of improvements including enhanced battery-life and camera features.
The new OTA update for One M9 is now available for download in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, while the North American version is still pending carrier approval. Some of the notable feature improvements ported into this update are listed below (courtesy AnandTech):
- Greater auto-exposure balance to improve overexposure, so images look less washed out
- Reduction of noise and blur in low light, so images are clearer and detail is more apparent
- Reduction of yellow/green hue to photos taken in extreme lighting conditions, so colors appear truer to their actual hue
- Reduced power consumption by YouTube and Facebook, so you can stay on these sites longer or know that your battery will last longer if your site use doesn't change
- Smart charging thermal improvement, which means your phone will stay cooler when it's being charged
This should come as a big relief to HTC One M9 users as battery life, heat and camera issues have for long been a major concern with the flagship smartphone.
It must however be noted that the OTA update is just a minor build, which bumps the software version to Android 5.0.2. The update is currently pending carrier approval before it goes live on North American versions of the smartphone.