The Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (P7310) receives an update to Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)). The XXLPP ICS update can be accessed via the Samsung Kies software or as a manual installation. The latter option will need Odin pre-installed on a computer.
- PDA: P7310XXLPP
- CSC: P7310PHNLP1
- Version: 4.0.4
- Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and United Kingdom
IBTimes UK warns users that this is an official update for the Galaxy Tab 8.9, which means the device will become unrooted after completion. Ensure appropriate USB drivers are installed before proceeding. This tutorial is compatible only with the Galaxy Tab 8.9 (P7310).
- Enable USB debugging
- Ensure drivers are installed on PC
- Ensure 80 percent battery charge
To Install XXLPP Android 4.0.4 Official Firmware on Galaxy Tab 8.9 (P7310)
- Download Android 4.0.4 P7310XXLPP and Odin 1.85 to a computer
- Turn device off and enter Download mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons until Samsung logo appears)
- Open Odin in computer and connect device while in Download Mode
- If the device has been connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow
- Choose files to be flashed on the tablet. The files have to obtained from the extracted files in the first step
- Click on PDA and choose CODE
- Click on Phone and choose MODEM
- Click on CSC and choose CSC
- Click on PIT and choose .pit
- Check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options in Odin
- Click Start button in Odin to begin flashing process
- Once flashing completes, the device will then restart by itself. Disconnect the device from PC only when Samsung logo appears
Congratulations... the Galaxy Tab 8.9 should now be updated to XXLPP ICS official firmware.
[Information Courtesy: Team Android]