Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny has bemoaned his side's slow start to their Champions League draw with Paris Saint-Germain, insisting his side must be strong "from the first minute to the end."

The Gunners found themselves a goal down inside a minute in the French capital after Edinson Cavani headed Serge Aurier's fine cross past David Ospina.

The Ligue 1 champions proceeded to waste a hatful of opportunities to extend their lead however, with Alexis Sanchez popping up to score a crucial equaliser with just over 10 minutes of the contest remaining.

While Arsenal will feel satisfied to have taken a point from a game widely seen as their biggest test of the group stage, Koscielny admits they still have to stomp out early lapses in concentration if they wish to progress in Europe.

"I think it's a good point, but we came here with our ambition and we wanted three points, but when we start like this, it's difficult to play," Koscielny told BT Sport post-match.

"Maybe in the final third we didn't find the good ball to score, but we came back. During the game against Southampton in the Premier League we slept and we needed to change this in the future. We need to be strong from the first minute to the end.

Laurent Koscielny
Koscielny and his Arsenal teammates were caught sleeping in the opening minute. Getty

"During the game we did pretty well but if you start like this it's difficult."

Arsenal looked like they might be in for a very long evening when after just 42 seconds, Aurier pounced down the right flank before curling in a pin-point cross for Cavani to nod home.

The Ligue 1 champions, who have endured a slow start to their Ligue 1 campaign having taken just seven points from four games, continued to carve out opportunities in a lively first half with Marco Verratti dictating the tempo and Angel di Maria causing havoc from the wing.

Cavani should have perhaps struck a hat-trick by half-time and spurned more opportunities in the second half where he was repeatedly denied by Arsenal's David Ospina.

The hosts were made to pay for their profligacy in front of goal after 77 minutes, when Sanchez fired home into the bottom corner after Alphonse Areola initially kept out Alex Iwobi's effort.