Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE (N8020) has received the XXBLL2 Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) firmware. The update can be accessed through Samsung Kies software or OTA notification. Those who missed out, can now update their devices through manual installation. IBTimes UK reminds users to proceed at their own risk and re-iterates we will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during the update process.
Check the tutorial below to install the Jelly Bean firmware on Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE variant.
Regions: United Kingdom, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain
To install XXBLL2 Android 4.1.1 firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1:
- Download Android 4.1.1 N8020XXBLL2 and Odin v1.85 to computer. Extract contents of both files
- Switch off the device and enter Download mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Down and Home buttons until a green robot appears)
- Connect device to the PC using a USB cable (a successful connection is indicated by one of the ID:COM boxes turning yellow with the COM port number)
- Flash these files, in the order mentioned (these will be obtained from the zip files downloaded earlier)
- Click PDA and choose file named Code
- Click Phone and choose file named Modem
- Click CSC and choose file named CSC
- Click and choose file ending .pit
- Check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options in Odin
- Click Start in Odin to begin Installation
- After installation, the device will restart
- Unplug device after Home screen appears
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE variant should now be running the XXBLL2 Jelly Bean firmware; to verify the device's build number, browse to Settings > About Phone.
[Source: Team Android]