• Anjungi Lam has been jailed for attacking a gay man with a pint glass in a pub.
  • CCTV footage from the London Wetherspoons shows the sickening incident.
  • Lam had previously worked at the Kentish Drovers pub on Peckham High Street.

This is the moment a violent criminal smashes a pint glass into the face of a gay man who had just entered a pub holding hands with his boyfriend.

Anjungi Lam, 35, has been jailed for the unprovoked attack on the 23-year-old at a Wetherspoons in south London.

The victim had just entered the Kentish Drovers on Peckham High Street holding hands with his partner at around 10.30opm on Friday 23 June.

The pair headed to the bar and were deciding what drinks to buy when Lam raced towards them and rammed the glass into the side of the victim's face before fleeing the scene.

The victim suffered injuries to his eye, a chipped tooth, and cuts to his nose, lips and neck.

"Lam did not know the victim or his partner, they had not spoken nor had any disagreement to provoke such a violent attack," The Met's PC Lance Sharrock said.

"The victims felt Lam must have been motivated by homophobia as they entered the pub holding hands and we began a hate crime investigation."

Police identified Lam using CCTV from the pub and arrested him on 19 May. He had previously worked at the pub for three months but was fired for lateness.

The thug admitted grievous bodily harm at Inner London Crown Court on 23 June and was sentenced on 17 November.

Sharrock said: "Lam was quickly identified and I am pleased at his sentence which shows that incidents of this nature will not be tolerated."

Lam was jailed for an additional year for a number of separate offences not linked to the glass attack. These were: actual bodily harm, assault by beating, theft and having an offensive weapon.

peckham glass attack
The attack was unprovoked Metropolitan Police
Anjungi Lam
Anjungi Lam was jailed for two years at Inner London Crown Court Metropolitan Police
Kentish Drovers Peckham
Kentish Drovers in Peckham is operated by Wetherspoons Metropolitan Police