The Nexus 5 codenamed hammerhead has received another custom ROM called OptiPop F2FS-ALL, based on SaberMod 4.8.5 for speed and performance.
Featuring Google's latest Android Lollipop version, 5.0.2 with build LRX22G, the OptiPop ROM is based on AOSP sources. It integrates plenty of customisations and even some features from the Nexus 6 like its Ambient display. This custom build has been developed by XDA member Cl3Kener.
OptiPop ROM features
- Lollipop 5.0.2 LRX22G
- AOSP sources based
- Dark Material or White Material Builds
- Deodexed for Customisability
- ROM built with SaberMod 4.8.5 (for speed and performance)
- Faster animations (fling velocity, window animations, faster rotation, etc.)
- Opticharging to reduce apk size using pngquant which gives up to 70% compression
- Smoother scrolling
- Soft reboot option
- Strict aliasing
- Graphite and -O3 Optimisations
- Built with optimised compiler flags
- Art - Bionic - Dalvik optimisations
- Slim Heads Up changes for LP
- Disable Search Bar in Recents
- Quick pulldown settings
- Display rotate settings
- Power notification sound preference
- Status bar clock and date customisations
- Statusbar brightness control
- Extended power menu with settings (currently non-configurable)
- Clear all button on recent apps
- Preference for custom clear all recents button position
- Volume rocker wake
- Volume music control
- Volume adjust preference
- Volume panel style preference
- Safe headset volume preference
- LED control settings
- Incall vibration
- Navbar DPI settings
- Custom apns (Updated regularly)
- App ops (enhanced features from Slim)
- Quick unlock
- Kill app longpress back
- Preference for status bar activity indicators for mobile data and Wi-Fi settings
- Option to use volume keys to control media volume anytime
- National data roaming
- Increasing ring feature
- Dialer lookup settings
- Pin keypad shuffler
- Statusbar ticker
- Volume button longpress seeks Music track on screen off
- MediaScanner Disable option
- ADB over network
- SMS rate limiting
- Blacklist support
- Wakeup on charger enabled/disable option
- Ambient display from Nexus 6 (This will drain more battery)
- SystemUI restart option
- CM Clock & Hide Alarm icon
- Power Menu configurability
- Proximity wakeup block
- QuickBoot pre-installed
- CM system profiles
- Battery style options
- PA style clear all
- Speed tweaks
- Cabinet file explorer
- QuickBoot pre-installed
- F2FS All Support (just needs to flash F2FS compatible Kernel or if you are using UBER flash F2FS for ramdisk)
If you wish to experience the customisations of OptiPop ROM with Android 5.0.2 on your Nexus 5, check out the following installation method.
- As the tutorial might wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup using any custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Go to Settings>> About phone. Scroll down to Build number, Tap seven times on the build number. The Developer options under Settings should appear now. You can now enable USB debugging mode.]
- Your Nexus 5 should have above 80% battery charge.
- The phone should be rooted and have the latest version of recovery installed.
- The bootloader of the phone should be unlocked.
- The OptiPop F2FS-ALL SM 4.8.5 ROM works only with Nexus 5 hammerhead. Applying these on any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of the smartphone by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number and install firmware accordingly.
- Since the custom firmware, bugs are highly likely, but these are expected to be fixed in due course of development.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Installation will be completely at your risk.
How to install Android 5.0.2 LRX22G on Nexus 5 with OptiPop F2FS-All SM ROM
Step-1: Connect and mount your Nexus 5 USB memory on your PC through USB cable. Then move the downloaded files to the internal storage of the phone, which is also called internal SD card. But keep in mind that the files are in the SD card root
Step-2: Switch off the Nexus 5 and unplug the USB cable from it
Step-3: Boot your Nexus 4 into Bootloader mode. For this turn the phone on while pressing and holding the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together
Step-4: Follow the on-screen instructions, select Bootloader and then go to Recovery
Step-5: While in recovery mode, perform data wipe. Head over to wipe data/factory reset. Use the Power button to select everything in the Recovery mode
Step-6: Perform a cache wipe by selecting wipe cache partition
Step-7: Perform a wipe of your dalvik cache to avoid boot loops or, any other errors. From recovery go to advanced>> wipe dalvik cache
Step-8: Return to the main recovery menu and select install zip from sdcard>> choose zip from sdcard. Using the Volume buttons navigate to the SimpleAOSP ROM, select it and confirm installation
Step-9: Once you have flashed the ROM, follow the same steps to install the Gapps package
Step-10: Flash stock EXT4/F2FS kernel according to your choice. This is for the ramdisk fix
Step-11: Flash UBER kernel (highly recommended)
Step-12: Also install the Superuser package if you want root (You can flash SuperSU)
Note: Always flash SuperSU last to avoid issues. If you choose dirty flash to wipe system partition then flash everything according to the above mentioned guide.
Step-13: Finally reboot your Android device. Wait for some time, the first boot might take a few minutes, until then do not press any button on the device
Your Nexus 5 should now be running OptiPop ROM featuring Android 5.0.2 LRX22G.
[Source: Team Android]