A latest custom build based on Android 5.0.1 with version number LRX22C is available to install on the Nexus 10 tablet codenamed manta. Developed by senior XDA member craigacgomez, the custom ROM is named Lollipopalooza, which is an AOSP ROM with a few useful features of AOSP.
Also, this ROM is fully de-odexed; therefore, it will take some time on its first boot. Check out the changes found in the latest version of the Lollipopalooza ROM.
- Updated to AOSP Android 5.0.1_r1 LRX22C
- Code cleanup and stability fixes for existing features
- Latest vold and filesystem support updates from CyanogenMod
- SELinux policy updates
- Update Google Apps pack
- Move back to block-based update zip which is a million times faster to flash.
- Enabled bluetooth LE (low-energy)
If you wish to update your Nexus 10 with the Lollipopalooza AOSP ROM to get Android 5.0.1 LRX22C, check out the following installation guide.
Points to remember
- As the tutorial might wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup using any custom recovery such as CWM and TWRP
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Go to Settings>> About phone. Scroll down to Build number, Tap seven times on the build number. The Developer options under Settings should appear now. You can now enable USB debugging mode.]
- Your Nexus 10 should have above 80% of battery charge
- The tablet should be rooted and have the latest version of recovery installed
- The bootloader of the tablet should be unlocked
- The Android 5.0.1 Lollipopalooza AOSP ROM works only with Nexus 10 codenamed manta. Flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device. Therefore, verify the model number of the Android device by navigating to Settings>> About tablet>> Model number
- Since the custom firmware is still under development, bugs are highly likely, but these are expected to be fixed in due course of development
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Installation will be completely at your risk
File name: GoogleAppsPackARM-LRX21O-20141128.zip
How to install Android 5.0.1 LRX22C with Lollipopalooza AOSP ROM
Step-1: Connect and mount your Nexus 10 USB memory on your PC through USB cable. Then transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of the phone, which is also called internal SD card. But keep in mind that the files are in the SD card root
Step-2: Power off the Nexus 10 and unplug the USB cable from it
Step-3: Boot your Nexus 10 into Bootloader mode. For this turn on the tablet while pressing and holding the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together
Step-4: Follow the on-screen instructions, select Bootloader and then go to Recovery
Step-5: While in recovery mode, perform data wipe. Head over to wipe data/factory reset. Use the Power button to select everything in the Recovery mode
Step-6: Perform a cache wipe by selecting wipe cache partition
Step-7: Perform a wipe of your dalvik cache to avoid boot loops or, any other errors. From recovery go to advanced>> wipe dalvik cache
Step-8: Return to the main recovery menu and select install zip from sdcard>> choose zip from sdcard. Using the Volume buttons navigate to Lollipopalooza AOSP ROM, select it and confirm installation
Step-9: Once you have flashed the ROM, follow the similar steps to install Gapps file on the tablet
Step-10: Finally reboot your Android device by selecting reboot system now. Wait for some time, the first boot might take a few minutes, until then do not press any button on the device
Your Nexus 10 should now be running Lollipopalooza AOSP ROM featuring Android 5.0.1 LRX22C.
[Source: Team Android]