Chinese smartphone company Xiaomi, which recently celebrated the fifth year of its existence, is holding an event on 23 April in India during which a new global smartphone is highly expected to be unveiled.
Xiaomi, in its media invite, had hinted at the unveiling of a new "i" which is widely believed to be the high-end Mi5 smartphone.
However, now a new NDTV Gadgets report hints at the probable unveiling of a new Mi4 iteration, tentatively termed Mi4i, apparently to go with Xiaomi's "i" hint.
NDTV Gadgets quotes a MyDrivers report which reveals multiple technical details of the purported Mi 4i via a GeekBench benchmark test.
MyDrivers states that Xiaomi's 23 April event will pave the way for the launch of the 'recently benchmarked' Mi 4i.
The Mi 4i, if launched during the 23 April event, will be a global smartphone as stated by Xiaomi.
However, the Chinese smartphone maker is yet to come out with any official confirmation regarding the existence of the Xiaomi Mi 4i and its technical specifications.
However, according to MyDrivers, Xiaomi's apparent Mi 4i has the following key technical aspects:
- Android 5.0.2 Lollipop operating platform; straight out of the box
- 1.65 GHz octa-core processor
- 2GB RAM
The above tech-specs are seemingly in line with yet another to-be-announced smartphone that according to earlier reports is codenamed Xiaomi Ferrari. This smartphone is said to be incorporated with the following key hardware aspects:
- 5.7in IPS LCD capacitive display protected by Gorilla Glass 3
- Android Lollipop operating platform straight out of the box
- 1.5GHz quad-core Cortex A53 and 2GHz quad-core Cortex A-57 CPUs
- 13MP rear camera
- 4MP front facing camera
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB fixed internal storage
- 4G LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 2.0 and microUSB connectivity
- Fixed 3000 mAh Li-Ion battery.
With the latest report indicating that Xiaomi is launching the Mi 4i on 23 April, loyalists of the company now have two high-end smartphones to anticipate viz Xiaomi Mi 5 and Mi 4i, both of which seem probable at this point in time.