Xiaomi had conducted a closed beta test of a Windows 10 custom-ROM on the Mi 4, could now release the full public version of an the Windows 10 ROM for users of the device earlier than expected. This ROM is being built by Xiaomi in co-operation with Microsoft.
As per a Windows Central report, Mi 4 users can expect the Windows 10 Mobile OS for their smartphones as early as 26 November, which coincides with Thanksgiving. An anonymous employee at Microsoft has reportedly posted an image of the Xiaomi Mi 4 on Weibo.
In June this year, the Chinese company had deployed the beta Windows 10 custom-ROM for Mi 4 smartphones, however, the news of the full version being rolled out has not been confirmed by Microsoft.
Key technical specs of Xiaomi's Mi 4
- 5in IPS capacitive display
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) operating platform, with MIUI 6.0 user interface on top
- 1.7GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 and 1.1GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 CPUs, within a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 SoC
- 13MP rear camera
- 5MP front camera
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB fixed internal storage
- 4G LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 2.0 and microUSB connectivity
- 3,120 mAh Li-Ion battery claimed to offer talktime up to 35 hours on 3G.