Chinese smartphone brand Xiaomi, which has scheduled an event for 13 August in the Asian country, is expected to unveil the MIUI 7 at the programme. However, since a Chinese e-tailer has listed the much expected Redmi Note 2 as available for pre-orders, it is expected that the Note 2 could also be launched at the event.
OppoMart has listed the Redmi Note 2 along with key technical specifications and has priced the next-gen smartphone at $199 (£127).
The important aspects of the Note 2 as mentioned on the Chinese e-tailer are similar to the recently launched OnePlus 2.
As per OppoMart, the following are the key technical specifications of the Redmi Note 2:
- 5.5in display having resolutions of 1920x1080 pixels
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) operating system, with MIUI 7 on top
- 64-bit octa-core MediaTek processor
- 13 MP rear camera
- 5 MP front camera
- Dual SIM-card support
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for expansion of internal storage
- LTE, HSPA, GSM, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity
- 3,600 mAh battery
If Xiaomi's Redmi Note 2 does possess the above specs, it will make a worthy competitor to the recently launched OnePlus 2.