If you have purchased the recently launched Xolo One that is priced at Rs 6,599 (£65, $105), you are in for a bonanza, as the affordable Android KitKat running smartphone will be eligible for an OS upgrade to Google's latest Android L 'Lollipop'.
According to a GSMArena report that quotes a trusted source, Xolo will be releasing the Android 5.0 'Lollipop' update to users of the low-cost smartphone.
The Android L update to Xolo One has also been confirmed in an official technical specification listing (recently listed) on the smartphone's official web portal.
With the Xolo One slated to receive Google's latest OS update real soon, the smartphone becomes the cheapest Android device to be eligible for an Android L OS upgrade.
This latest piece of news is also expected to get various non-buyers excited, and thereby enable more device sales.
However, with Xolo One being targeted at the budget conscious smartphone buyers in India, the device packs in average technical specifications.
Key tech-specs of the budget Xolo One are:
- 4.5in IPS touchscreen display
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating platform; upgradeable to Android L 'Lollipop'
- Quad-core MediaTek 6582M processor; clocked at 1.3GHz
- 1GB RAM
- 5 MP rear camera
- VGA front camera
- 8GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for expansion of internal storage up to 32GB
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, USB 2.0 and WLAN connectivity
- 1,700 mAh battery; with claimed talktime of up to eight hours on 3G networks.
The above key hardware-aspects of Xolo One clearly indicate the low-end nature of the device. But the Android L update, once official within the device, should provide some amount of 'grace' and 'intuitiveness' to the smartphone.