After it was confirmed that Samsung Galaxy A5 users would get the much expected Android Lollipop OS update, the new firmware has now begun rolling out to owners of Samsung's metal-clad Galaxy A5 smartphones.
According to a YouMobile report, Google's Android Lollipop has currently started seeding to Samsung Galaxy A5 (bearing model number SM-A500FU) smartphones in Poland.
As the initial rollout of Lollipop is seemingly confirmed, it will not be long before the firmware goes live for Samsung Galaxy A5 users in other countries, especially the UK, US and India.
Users of the smartphone can check their devices regularly for Android Lollipop, and let us know about the current rollout status of the operating system upgrade software.
According to a YouMobile report, Samsung Galaxy A5 users can check out for Lollipop OS update, in the form of a bulky 1GB-sized file. Android Lollipop, for Samsung Galaxy A5, will be available via automatic over-the-air (OTA) notifications and can also be manually downloaded and installed.
Samsung Galaxy A5 users can also interface their smartphones to a PC, via Samsung Kies, to obtain Lollipop.
Apart from Galaxy A5, Android Lollipop is currently live in a soak test version, to users of Samsung Galaxy A3 in Russia.
Enhancements brought along by Android Lollipop OS update:
- Material Design: A bold, colourful, and responsive UI design for consistent, intuitive experiences across devices
- Notifications: View and respond to messages directly from your lock screen. Includes the ability to hide sensitive content for these notifications
- Battery Saver feature: The new feature extends the device's battery life by up to 90 minutes
- Enhanced security: Use Android Smart Lock to secure your phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like your wearable or car
- Device Sharing: Multiple users for phones
- New Quick Settings: Enables users to get to the most frequently used settings with just two swipes down from the top of the screen
- Connectivity: Improved network handoff resulting in limited interruption in connectivity
- Android TV: Support for TV devices
- OK Google: Talk to Google on the go to get quick answers, send a text, and get directions and more.
Android Lollipop OS update can also be manually searched-for and downloaded/installed by navigating to Settings > About Phone > System updates > Check for Updates.