If you are a user of Samsung's mid-range metal-clad Galaxy A5 (SM-A500) or Galaxy A7 (SM-A700) smartphone, do check your handsets regularly for over-the-air (OTA) notifications representing the much expected Google Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop) OS update.
According to a YouMobile report, that quotes trusted internal sources, the Android 5.0.2 firmware upgrade will seed to Galaxy A5 and Galaxy A7 smartphones, officially, from June. The YouMobile report also mentions that the new firmware has reached the "ready to release" state. This hints that the Android 5.0.2 update could roll out even earlier than June.
Hence, Samsung Galaxy A5 and A7 users across the world can check for Android 5.0.2 and let us know regarding the update's rollout, in our comments section below.
Along with Galaxy A5 and Galaxy A7, Android 5.0.2 will also extend to yet another Samsung Galaxy A series smartphone, the Galaxy A3. This rollout is expected to take place in the UK, beginning from subscribers of Three's wireless network service in the country.
This development has seemingly been confirmed by Three, via an official tweet.
Once this rollout is official, Samsung Galaxy A3 users in UK will join their Russian counterparts in receiving Android 5.0.2. The soak test version of the firmware has already begun seeding to Samsung Galaxy A3 owners in Russia.
All the above Samsung mid-rangers are currently driven by the comparatively older Google Android 4.4.4 (KitKat) operating platform.
Enhancements brought along by Android 5.0.2
- Material Design: A bold, colourful, and responsive UI design for consistent, intuitive experiences across devices
- Notifications: View and respond to messages directly from your lock screen. Includes the ability to hide sensitive content for these notifications
- Battery Saver feature: The new feature extends the device's battery life by up to 90 minutes
- Enhanced security: Use Android Smart Lock to secure your phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like your wearable or car
- Device Sharing: Multiple users for phones
- New Quick Settings: Enables users to get to the most frequently used settings with just two swipes down from the top of the screen
- Connectivity: Improved network handoffs resulting in limited interruption in connectivity
- Android TV: Support for TV devices
- OK Google: Talk to Google on the go to get quick answers, send a text, and get directions and more
Android 5.0.2 can be searched for manually and installed as well. All you need to do is navigate to Settings > About Phone > System updates > Check for Updates and follow the onscreen instructions.