Samsung rolled out the Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) firmware to the Wi-Fi version of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3110) in November. The South Korean manufacturer has now released the XXCLL2 Jelly Bean firmware for the 3G + Wi-Fi version of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3100). The upgrade brings Android 4.1.2 for the device which was first shipped with the Android Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) software.
The firmware is unbranded and can be installed either via Samsung Kies or as an Over the Air (OTA) transfer. The software is presently available only in France but is compatible with a number of European countries, including the UK.
- PDA: P3100XXCLL2
- CSC: P3100XEFCLK1
- Version: Android 4.1.2
- Regions Supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and the UK
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 users looking to update to Android 4.1.2 XXCLL2 may follow this tutorial. IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during this procedure. We also warn readers the firmware works only with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3100).
- Ensure download of appropriate USB drivers and enable USB debugging mode (to do so, navigate through Menu > Settings > Application > Development > USB debugging
- Ensure device is unlocked
- Ensure battery has at least 80 percent charge
To Install Android 4.1.2 XXCLL2 (Jelly Bean) on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3100)
- Download Android 4.1.2 XXCLL2 to computer and extract firmware
- Download Odin v3.07 and extract contents
- Switch device off and re-start in Download mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Up and Power till warning message appears and then press Volume Down)
- Start Odin and connect device to computer using USB cable (a successful connection is indicated by a message - Added - and a COM port number in yellow
- Note: If message does not appear, try connecting to another USB port and or re-installing drivers
- In Odin, select these files (from the P3100XXCLL2 firmware folder) in the order mentioned
- Click PDA and select .tar file Code
- Click Phone and select file Modem
- Click CSC and select file CSC
- Click PIT and select .pit file
- Note: Skip last three if such files are not found
- In Odin, ensure Windows Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected
- Click Start to begin installation (this may take some time)
- After installation, a message - Pass - against a green background will appear and device will automatically reboot
- Unplug device when Samsung logo appears after re-start
- Note: If device freezes at booting animation boot into Recovery and perform a data wipe (to do so, select Wipe Data/Factory Reset) and then reboot system
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3100) should be now updated to Android 4.1.2 XXCLL2 (Jelly Bean). Navigate to Settings > About Tablet to verify software version on device.
Head over to this thread to know how to root Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 running on Android 4.1.2 XXCLL2 Jelly Bean.
[Source: Android Jinn]