Anthony Joshua says he is unlikely to make the first defence of his newly-won IBF heavyweight title on July 9 – the same night of Tyson Fury's rematch with Wladimir Klitschko.
Joshua claimed his first world title with a devastating knockout victory inside two rounds over Charles Martin at the O2 Arena on 9 April. His promoter Eddie Hearn suggested after the fight his next appearance in the ring could clash with the huge world title rematch between Fury and Klitchsko, adding it could even take place at Wembley Stadium.
But speaking on BBC Radio 5 live, Joshua, 26, said he will change his schedule to avoid that happening. "Let Fury and Klitschko have their day. Let's not mix anything up on 9 July," Joshua said. "It will be good to sit back and watch the show and look at my competitors some time in the future."
Fury took Klitschko's world titles in November last year, consigning the Ukrainian to his first defeat in 11 years via a unanimous decision. Their rematch will take place at the Manchester Arena.
WBO and WBA world champion Fury has been embroiled in a social media spat with Joshua in recent weeks, also telling reporters the Olympic gold medal winner looked like "a pumped-up weightlifter out of his mind on drugs" in his win over Martin.
Fury admits however should he overcome Klitschko in Manchester, that Joshua and WBC champion Deontay Wilder remain the biggest fights left for him.
"The biggest fights are Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua," he told Sky Sports News HQ. "There's only those two fights that could generate that money.
"I've already secured my future. If I never box again I don't have to work again until I die – 100 years or whatever– so I'm just securing grandkids and their kids now.
"I've already beaten the best man there is and was, so I have no motivation. Whoever they put in front of me I'll fight, but they've got nothing that I want. Only money – they're going to give me money to do it, so I'll do it."