Apple released its 12.9in iPad Pro tablet that runs on the new iOS 9 operating platform. On the day of its launch, a repair firm dissected the device and revealed its internal components. The iPad Pro was launched on 11 November.
Folks at iFixit reported that the iPad Pro has "a reworked internal design and massive batteries". Here's what the repair firm found inside the tablet:
- 3rd-gen 64-bit Apple A9 processor integrated with M9 motion co-processor
- 32/128GB internal storage
- 4GB RAM
- Four speakers
- NXP Semiconductors 8416A1Touch ID Sensor
- 3.77V battery
- 12.9in display
Below are a few images that offer a view of the key internal components of the slate:
Key technical specs of Apple iPad Pro
- 12.9in screen having resolution of 2048x2732 pixels
- Apple iOS 9 operating platform, upgradeable to iOS 9.0.2
- Apple A9 processor
- 8MP primary camera
- 1.2MP secondary camera
- 4GB RAM
- 32/64/128GB fixed internal storage
- LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity
- Fixed Lithium-Polymer battery.
Currently, the iPad Pro can be ordered online via the Apple eStore.