Apple is highly expected to launch the iPhone 6S and a possibly larger iPhone 6S Plus during its event on 9 September. The newer iPhones could be released in retail stores on 18 September. With retail availability rumoured, prices of the handsets have also surfaced.
According to a TechStatic report (translated), Apple's iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus will be made available in three variants. Prospective buyers can look forward to 16GB, 64GB and 128GB internal storage variants. Prices of both the devices are reportedly:
Apple iPhone 6S:
- 16GB iPhone 6S: €699 ($78, £580)
- 64GB iPhone 6S: €799 ($893, £653
- 128GB iPhone 6S: €899 ($1006, £700)
Apple iPhone 6S Plus:
- 16GB iPhone 6S Plus: €799 ($893, £653)
- 64GB iPhone 6S Plus: €899 ($1006, £700)
- 128GB iPhone 6S Plus: €999 ($1117, £800)
The newer iPhones are rumoured to feature the following key technical aspects:
- Apple A9 processor
- 12MP iSight camera supporting 4K video recording
- 2GB RAM
- Pre-installed Apple SIM
- Force Touch support.