A new BlackBerry operating system version 10.3.1 has leaked for selected BlackBerry devices.
Last week BlackBerry seeded OS version 10.3.1.1949 simulator for the developers, who can download the OS simulator on their BlackBerry 10 devices from the BlackBerry developer site.
Now the OS 10.3.1.1949 has leaked for some BlackBerry 10 devices such as BlackBerry Classic and BlackBerry Z30.
Using the base firmware files users will be able to install the leaked OS on BlackBerry Z30 and BlackBerry Classic. Besides, the autoloaders for the leaked OS are available for other devices that include Z10, Q5, Q10 and Z3, reports CrackBerry.
Unfortunately, BlackBerry Passport owners are not lucky enough to taste the leaked version, however, there are working apps available for the smartphone. Check out the following download links for the leaked OS.
BlackBerry OS 10.3.1.1949
- BlackBerry Z30/ BlackBerry Classic
- 10.3.1.1949 Apps
- BlackBerry Z10 (STL-2-3-4)
- BlackBerry Q5/BlackBerry Q10
- BlackBerry Z3
- Working apps for BlackBerry Passport
- BlackBerry Q5/Q10 autoloader
- BlackBerry Z3 autoloader
- BlackBerry STL100-2-3-4 autoloader
According to the members of CrackBerry forum who have tried the leaked firmware, the Wi-Fi limited connection message is fixed, the BlackBerry Hub Setting section has a setting for 'Recent Contact Management', and finally the 'two swipes to wake' bug is fixed and now it is back to one swipe. Apart from these, there are a few more changes noted in this build.
- Keyboard swiping is responsive now.
- No dark hub.
- Incoming call screen still looks a bit weird as not all screen estate is used. The swipe to answer is somewhere in the lower part of the screen.
- Battery is great. The device is on for 6+hrs still have 75% left.
- Blend works on Android, but very laggy, not as smooth as BlackBerry Bridge.