CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM10.1) based on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) version now arrives on both Sony Xperia Arc and Arc S, courtesy recognised developer at XDA known as Zackconsole. This ROM is said to be stable while the issues in question relate to Bluetooth and camera (inverted).
Despite a couple of issues, the developer does not recommend users to use this as a daily driver because it is still in its alpha stages.
"Users have reported that it is working nearly as well as the device's CM10 builds, so it may not be very long before the ROM is stable enough to run daily," claims the post on XDA Developers' Forum.
IBTimes UK cautions users to proceed at their own risk and reiterate we will not be held responsible for any consequences.
- The ROM and the guide below are compatible only with Sony Xperia Arc and Arc S.
- The guide will wipe away all your data including apps and settings. Make a back-up of all your data including APN settings.
Check the tutorial below to install CM10.1 ROM on Sony Xperia Arc or Arc S:
- The Sony Xperia Arc/Arc S should have an unlocked bootloader
- Download the ROM and Gapps package from the XDA development page
- Copy both zip files to the device's internal SD card
- Boot the device into recovery
- Flash CM10.1 zip file and Gapps package from internal SD card
- Go back to main recovery menu and choose Data Wipe/Factory Reset. Tap Yes to confirm wiping
- Choose Go Back and select Reboot System Now to reboot the device
CM10.1 ROM should now be installed and running on Sony Xperia Arc/ Arc S.
[Source: XDA Developers' Forum]