The evad3rs team recently released evasi0n7, an untethered jailbreak compatible with all iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini models running iOS 7 though iOS 7.0.4.
Following the release, those who have jailbroken their iOS 7 devices using evasi0n7 have reported several issues. These include reboot loops, getting stuck on the Apple logo, evasi0n process stalling and activation lock issue.
Below are a few tips to help users troubleshoot issues with the evasi0n7 jailbreak. Those who have come across such issues may take advantage of the following tips:
Do this if you are stuck on Apple logo:
Quite a number of iOS users have reported that their devices are getting stuck at the Apple logo after the jailbreak process. The evad3rs say that this problem occurs if the device is updated to any version of iOS 7 via OTA.
1) You can do a hard reset by holding the power and home buttons together for 10 seconds and the jailbreak process can be performed again.
2) In case the above procedure does not work, you will have to wait for the evad3rs to release an updated version of evasi0n to address the issue. The team has advised users to do a complete backup and clean restore to iOS 7.0.4 using iTunes until the next version of evasi0n comes.
For endless reboot loop and tweaks not working:
The reboot loops could be due to the tweaks not working properly. This issue is with MobileSubstrate, a library most jailbreak tweaks rely on, which is not fully compatible with evasi0n. Since Jay Freeman (also known as saurik), the creator of MobileSubstrate, has not seeded the pre-release builds of evasi0n, he could not test the compatibility of the library. However, the evad3rs say that the updated version of evasi0n7, which is expected soon, will bundle the fix for the issue.
If evasi0n progress gets stuck
Another problem with the evasi0n7 jailbreak is that evasi0n gets stuck in the middle of the jailbreak process. The process takes about four to five minutes but if it takes longer, the team recommends that it is safe to restart evasi0n on PC/Mac. The device can then be rebooted and the jailbreak process done again.
When evasi0n cannot be open on Mac
This error is said to be due to Gatekeeper on OS X 10.8 and the later version. To fix this, control-click or right-click evasi0n.app, choose open and again click on open in the dialogue box. If that does not work, then right-click, choose Show Package Contents>> Contents>> MacOS>> and click evasi0n7.
Fix for stuck on Activation lock
Activation Lock is a new feature in iOS 7 that asks the user's Apple ID and password if the device is restored, or during the jailbreak process. There is no procedure to bypass this screen if users do not have the password. So users are advised to ask the seller to remotely disable Activation Lock.
A few important tips
1) Ensure that you have performed a complete backup of the iOS device using iTunes before the jailbreak process.
2) Disable passcode lock on the iOS device.
3) Users are advised not to perform any iTunes related task during the jailbreak process.
4) For the untethered jailbreak, use a device that is updated to iOS 7 via clean iTunes restore, but not using over-the-air update.
5) Windows users are advised to run evasi0n as administrator.
6) The jailbreak tweaks might have issues on devices powered by the 64-bit A7 chip, which include iPhone 5s, iPad Air and iPad mini.
[Source: iPhone hacks]