Avid Fallout fans are in for some exciting news as renowned YouTuber MrBossFTW (aka Ross) reveals an intuitive way to unlock the most lethal and powerful sentry-robot follower in Fallout 4. Once unlocked, the sentry-bot will follow you and help you easily take down enemies during certain missions.
It must be noted that the companions available in the game are not as formidable as the sentry-bot follower and hence it is imperative that you try unlocking this special ability quite early into the game. Here is how you do it:
- Just head over to the Robotics Disposal Ground, which is located right next to the Sanctuary and Red Rocket Gas Station in your in-game mini-map.
- At this location, you will encounter a large Combat Sentry Prototype MKIV that is roaming around or standing still at some point. Just activate the robot by talking to it. Quite surprisingly, it will not harm you or shoot you down.
- Then go inside the shed or the concrete building that has a Stimpack or first aid kit and a couple of other collectible items. The Stimpack can be used to heal instantly whenever you get injured or hurt during combat.
- Within this building, just go to the terminal located in one corner and eject the Holotape. This tape actually holds the key to control the Combat Sentry Prototype and use it as your escort or bodyguard.
- Just insert the Holotape to your personal gadget (see video), go into the inventory and select Miscellaneous. Then select Combat Sentry Prototype MKIV Holotape from the list.
- Once you select this option, you will be presented with various new options to control the sentry bot such as Deactivate Sentry Bot, Engage Defense Protocol or Initiate Self Destruct. Deactivating and self-destructing capabilities of the robot may not serve any purpose, unless you don't want to involve the bot in your missions.
- On the contrary, if you activate the bot's Defense Protocol then you can send it to various locations on the map to defend any of the designated military camps from your enemies. The earmarked military defence establishments in Fallout 4 include USAF Olivia, South Boston Checkpoint, Revere Satellite Array and Fort Hagan.
Tip 1: Sending the sentry bot to one of these locations just before starting the mission will help you in clearing out ghouls and raiders who are guarding these locations.
Tip 2: Although the sentry-bot is extremely powerful, it needs to cool down after each round of combat. Besides, the bot will take extreme damage if hit by explosives and heavy melee weapons. Hence, it is imperative that you use him wisely during your missions.