Fallout 4 players have uncovered several tips and tricks that can be used to bypass limits to maximum settlement building size in Bethesda's post-apocalyptic RPG.
Because of the game's imposed space constraints when building a settlement, there is a strict limit to how far many shops and buildings you can craft. However, there is a way of eliminating the maximum settlement building size on Xbox One and PS4 using a glitch.
Here is what you can do to overcome this size limit on your settlement:
How to expand your settlements in Fallout 4 on PS4 and Xbox One
- Put any number of weapons (10 to 12 recommended) into the workbench inventory at the location you are planning to reduce the size of.
- Grab all your guns and place them back into your character inventory.
- Enter your inventory and drop all the guns you are using for this.
- Go into workshop mode.
- Move the cursor over a gun and tap the store button (B on Xbox One or Circle on PS4) and the gun will automatically return to the workshop inventory. When this happens, the size meter in the top-right corner of workshop mode should decrease slightly.
- Repeat step five for all the guns you dropped until the size bar becomes empty. The catch here is that you can use the same guns to repeat this trick over and over.
Now you can build massive structures and settlements. For further assistance, check out the video tutorial below: