Windows Phone users fretting over the unavailability of the magazine-like news reader and aggregator application Flipboard, now have something to cheer about as the app has finally made its way to the Windows Phone store, and will work with the Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 operating platform.
Microsoft's recently released smartphones, the Lumia 730 and Lumia 830, both of which were introduced at the recently concluded IFA conference, were showcased running with the Flipboard app installed.
Now, with the Flipboard app finally going official, users on the Windows Phone 8 platform can be assured of the following features:
- All your news, interests and social updates in one personalised magazine.
- Save your favourite stories into your own magazine. Use the "+" button on any item, select "create a magazine" and collect favourite stories, images or videos.
- Search for anything—people, topics, hashtags, blogs, your favourite sites—and flip through the results in a beautiful magazine format.
- Connect Flipboard to up to 12 social networks, streamlining your reading and activities like commenting, liking and sharing. Services include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and others.
- Read Cover Stories for a quick check on what's happening now. Cover Stories are customised according to your interests and is filled with popular items from everything you've added to your Flipboard.
- Enjoy Flipboard in 18 localised editions: for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latin America, Netherlands, Russia, Spain, Taiwan, US and UK.
- Explore hundreds of staff picks using 'Discover' at the top, including must-read magazines and blogs, gorgeous photography.