The international Wi-Fi version of Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with model number GT-P3110 recently received official Android 4.1.2 XXDMC2 Jelly Bean OTA update. The software update is currently available in Russia. Users from supported countries can also install the update through Samsung KIES. The XXDMC2 build is an unbranded version of firmware and can he installed ion any P3110 unit.
Version: Android 4.1.2
Built date: May, 2013
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 users who fail to install the update using both the official method, may follow our step-by-step guide to install Android 4.1.2 XXDMC2 Jelly Bean manually.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for mishap. Users are also advised to verify that their tablets meet following requirements.
1) Install USB driver for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to transfer files between the Android device and computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the tablet to connect the Android device with the computer and use the Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) As the tutorial might wipe all data of the tablet, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP already installed then backup data using the recovery.
4) The device should have above 80 per cent of battery charge.
5) The Galaxy tablet should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The device will lose custom build with the installation of official firmware. Additionally, it will lose custom recovery which will be replaced by stock recovery.
7) The tablet will no longer belong to a rooted version once official update is installed.
8) The Android 4.1.2 XXDMC2 Jelly Bean works only on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110. Applying this on any incorrect variant might brick the device. Therefore, verify the model number of Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 by selecting Settings>> About device>> Model number.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXDMC2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110
Step-1: Download Android 4.1.2 XXDMC2 Jelly Bean official update for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to the computer
Step-2: Extract the downloaded zip to get a file with .tar.md5 extension along with few others
Step-3: Download Odin3 v3.07 which will help to install Jelly Bean firmware. Extract the zip to get Odin3 v3.07.exe with some other files
Step-4: Turn off the Galaxy tablet and wait for five to six seconds for vibration to confirm complete power off
Step-5: Now boot the tablet into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot appears on the tablet's screen. Press Volume Up button again to continue to enter into Download Mode
Step-6: Run Odin3 v3.07.exe as an Administrator
Step-7: Plug in the USB cable to the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to connect it with the computer. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn yellow with the COM port number. Also, the successful connection will be indicated by a message saying Added under Odin.
If the Added message does not appear then try another USB port, try the one located at the back side of the computer. In case that too does not work then re-install USB driver
Step-8: Select these files extracted from P3110XXDMC2 folder to install on the tablet
a) Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file with Code in its name
b) Click the Phone button and select file with Modem in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore the last three steps (b, c and d) in case such files are not found.
Step-9: In Odin window, ensure the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Uncheck the Re-Partition option. Select it only when a .pit file is being used
Step-10: Now hit the Start button in Odin to begin the installation process
Step-11: When the installation process is completed, a PASS message with green background will appear in the left-most box at the top of Odin. Then tablet will then reboot automatically. Once the home screen is seen on the device, unplug the USB cable from the tablet to disconnect it from the computer
Android 4.1.2 XXDMC2 Jelly Bean official update is now installed and running on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110. Navigate to Settings>> About tablet to verify the software version of the device.
Note: If the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 gets stuck at boot animation or Samsung logo (after step-11) then boot the tablet into recovery mode. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together. In recovery mode perform data wiping task by selecting Wipe data/factory reset. Now select Wipe Cache Partition. Once the action is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and reboot the tablet by selecting reboot system now. In recovery mode, use Volume keys to scroll between options and use Power button to select the desired option.
[Source: Droid Firmwares]