Adele has been singing since she was a child, but in the past 10 years, from 2006, the British award-winning singer has gone on to become one of the A-listers of the music industry. Some of her biggest hits include Rumour Has It, Someone Like You, Rolling In The Deep and Set Fire To The Rain from her album 21; and Hello, When We Were Young and Love In The Dark from her album 25.
The singer has been known to name her albums after the age at which she made them (19, 21, 25). Since her last one released in 2015, we're not expecting anything soon from the soulful crooner who is anyway too busy with her live performances.
Since gaining international recognition, Adele has had to face a number of setbacks, from trying to manage her new-found fame to losing her voice and also the constant criticism over her weight. But she has emerged stronger and silenced critics with songs that they can't find much to complain about.
On the occasion of her 27<sup>th birthday on 5 May, IBTimes UK has compiled a list of the London local's best quotes.
1. I don't make music for eyes. I make music for ears.
2. I write about love, and everyone knows what it is like to have your heart broken.
3. I have insecurities of course, but I don't hang out with anyone who points them out to me.
4. I make music to be a musician not to be on the cover of Playboy.
5. I am never writing a breakup record again, by the way. I'm done with being a bitter witch.
6. There will be no new music until it's good enough and until I'm ready.
7. Crying is really bad for your vocal cords.
8. I get so nervous on stage I can't help but talk. I try. I try telling my brain: stop sending words to the mouth. But I get nervous and turn into my grandma.