Apple will start seeding the latest WatchOS 3 update for all versions of the Apple Watch on 13 September. The WatchOS 3 is expected to be much faster having cleaned up the confusing interface.
Users who experienced the beta versions of the WatchOS 3 have reviewed it as a better experience all round, especially when it comes to using third party apps which can now be stored in memory (up to 10 apps). There are a ton of new additions like swiping between watch faces and fitness and activity features receiving more prominence. To check out the features in detail click here.
Here are the steps to install the WatchOS 3 on your Apple Watch:
Connect your Apple Watch to power and keep it on the charger till the update is complete
- Make sure before starting the update that you have at least 50% charge on the device
- Now go to your paired iPhone and open the Watch app
- Go to General > Software Update>Download and Install
- The system will ask for your iPhone passcode or Apple Watch passcode
- Enter the passcode
- Then agree to the terms and conditions tab
- Make sure your iPhone has access to WiFi while the update is on
Those of you who still do not see any notification in the software update section may have to wait a little longer until the update hits your region. Apple had mentioned that the WatchOS 3 update will also start hitting devices when the iOS hits iPhones, iPads and iPod touch devices. Check out the list of timings here for your region.