Root access has been achieved on Xiaomi's newest Mi 4i.
A Chinese member from the MIUI forum has created a tool using which the Mi 4i can be rooted in a few minutes, without any difficulty. Just ensure that you have all Mi 4i drivers installed in place. The root method is as easy as anything and is a one-click root method.
All you have to do is after downloading the root package click on the tool. That's it. The tool will do everything for you.
- The following root method is applicable for Xiaomi Mi 4i only. Do not use this on any other device.
- Ensure that you have created a backup of all the data of your phone, as the root method is likely to wipe out everything.
- Note that rooting the device will void the manufacturer's warranty.
- The battery of the phone should have at least 80% charge, to avoid any sudden shutdown due to lack of power, which could damage the device.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device during the process. Proceed at your own risk.
Download one-click root package from here
File name: 小米4i一键root工具muzisoft-tcl-mmd3S-root-20150524.exe
How to root Xiaomi Mi 4i with one-click root tool
Step-1: Install ADB drivers on PC
Step-2: Connect your Mi 4i to the PC using USB cable
Step-3: Download the root package if you have not then extract the files into a folder
Step-4: Run the root tool (rec file) by double clicking on it.
Note: Disable the antivirus if that creates issues.
Step-5: You will be presented with a command window with Chinese text in it
Step-6: Type 1 then press Enter (Your will get a prompt about USB debugging on the phone. Press Yes.)
Step-7: Your phone will automatically reboot into fastboot mode
Step-8: Wait for five minutes, for the phone to get blue screen automatically, or, you can try yourself.
Just disconnect the phone from the PC for about two seconds then connect it again. Unplug the cable for 2 seconds and plug it again. Your phone should get the blue Android screen
Step-9: The Mi 4i root tool will now do all play the majic for you in about 10 seconds and flash the SuperSU root file
Step-10: When the root package installation is complete, your phone will reboot automatically. Open the app drawer of the phone and check for Super SU app
You can confirm the root status of the phone through Root Checker app. Open the app, tap on Verify Root Status to check the root access. Grant permission when a pop-up shows up.
Source: Via MIUI forum