Recognised XDA contributor, GROGG88 brings a new Android Lollipop custom firmware dubbed as AOSP Grogg's Way for the Nexus 5. Based on the latest build and Lollipop software version, Android 5.0.2 LRX22G, the custom release includes some interface enhancements, handy feature shortcuts and an array of customisations.
But ensure that your Nexus 5 should be on Android 5.0.x and have the latest TWRP installed.
- Current build: Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
- Build number: LRX22G
- Build date: 7 February
AOSP Grogg's Way ROM features
- SuperSU built in
- Recovery patch disabled
- Gapps built in
- Google GPS patched
- Camera lib patched (for green line on hammerhead video)
- Gesture typing patched (for AOSP keyboard)
- Model number patched (Nexus 5 and Nexus 7)
- AOSP Dialer icon patched (material)
- Battery percent enabled
- Stock DRM added
- Default wallpaper changed (material)
- USB-OTG FAT storage added (no exFAT, NTFS, or ext4)
- Advanced power menu w/ Screenshot and ScreenRecord
- Screenshot quick delete action
- Remove AOSP calendar, mms, music, and voice dial patch.
- Ambient display
- SuperSU access in Settings
- System unmount during install
- CM busybox
- Clear all recent apps
- Kernel compiling in build
- Update system disabled
- Unaccounted/Overcounted batt stats disabled by default
- Wallpaper rotation patched
- Telephony homescreen rotation enabled
- DT2W patch built into kernel (disabled by default)
- AdAway built in
- SoundRecorder modified and visible
- Eleven music player built in
- AOSP terminal modified and built in
- MusicFX standalone
- DocumentsUI standalone
If you want to update your Nexus 5 with AOSP Grogg's Way ROM to experience Android 5.0.2 LRX22G build, head over to the following installation guide.
- As the tutorial might wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup using any custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Go to Settings>> About phone. Scroll down to Build number, Tap seven times on the build number. The Developer options under Settings should appear now. You can now enable USB debugging mode.]
- Your Nexus 5 should have above 80% of battery charge.
- The phone should be rooted and have the latest version of recovery installed.
- The bootloader of the phone should be unlocked.
- The AOSP Grogg's Way ROM works with Nexus 5 hammerhead only. Applying this on any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of the smartphone by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number and install firmware accordingly.
- Since the custom firmware, bugs are highly likely, install the ROM at your risk.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Installation will be completely on your risk.
How to install Android 5.0.2 LRX22G on Nexus 5 with AOSP Grogg's Way ROM
Step-1: Download the following files on the PC
Download FLO [file name: aosp_flo_grogg_020715.zip]
Download DEB [File name: aosp_deb_grogg_020715.zip]
Download Hammerhead [File name: aosp_hammerhead_grogg_020715.zip]
Download DT2W [Fine name: enable_dt2w.zip]- This is optional
Step-2: Connect and mount your Nexus 5 USB memory on your PC through USB cable. Then move the downloaded files to the internal storage of the phone
Step-3: Switch off the Nexus 5 and unplug the USB cable from it
Step-4: Boot your Nexus 5 into Bootloader mode. Power on the phone pressing Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together
Step-5: Follow the on-screen instructions, select Bootloader and then go to Recovery
Step-6: In the recovery mode perform wipe data/factory reset
Use the Power button to select everything in the Recovery mode.
Step-7: Perform a cache wipe by selecting wipe cache partition. Also, perform wipe of your dalvik cache from advanced>> wipe dalvik cache
Step-8: Go to the main recovery menu and select install zip>> choose zip from sdcard and flash all the zip files
Step-9: After the installation is completed, reboot your Android device. Wait for some time, the first boot might take a few minutes, until then do not press and button on the device
The Nexus 5 should now be running Android 5.0.2 with AOSP Grogg's Way ROM.