HTC One M8 users are in for a special treat, as the industrious XDA Developers team (aka Team SkyDragon) comprising dragonesdenano, HolyAngel and MauryDes, have released the first Lollipop Sense 6 ROM for the handset via Android 5.0.1 SkyDragon v1 ROM.
The Android 5.0.1 SkyDragon v1 ROM brings bloatware-free software with a fast and butter smooth Lollipop experience in a highly-stable release.
Its custom kernel is optimised with Aroma installer to deliver efficient battery management for enhanced battery-life.
The new SkyDragon M8 ROM comes with firmware base: 4.19.707.2 Asia WWE, and adds support for HTC Sense 6.0.
The ROM adds many new features based on Aroma stock kernel for Android 5.0.1. Check out a few of those noteworthy features below:
- Variants Support: GSM
- NO Verizon
- No Sprint
- Made From Scratch
- Rooted with SuperSu powered by Chainfire
- Added Full Language System Support
- Deleted HTC Spywares
- SkyDragon Bootanimation
- Updated Sense Apps
- SD Kernel 3.0.7
- FULL Laypota ModPack Compatibility
- Project Era v22 (Thanks ZeroInfinity!)
- Init.d Built-in and Tweaks Added
- BusyBox Built-in
- Added Power Amp
- Added Quickboot App
- Added Dropbox
- Added Latest Titanium App
- Speed Optimizations
- Battery Optimizations
- Removed and/or disabled all Logging apps & Files
- External SD-Card write support
- Google Apps Updated to Latest
--pre-unchecked Tibu/poweramp/quickboot for removal
--Added GPE Contacts/Dialer(Will replace/remove Sense contacts/dialer)
--Added Hacked Exchange Mail apk option(No pin/password required)
- Added a few more scripts to build.prop
Interested users who want to enjoy HTC Sense 6 on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop ROM can go ahead and install the latest version of SkyDragon ROM, using the step-by-step guide provided below.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to device during or after Android 5.0.1 firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- The instructions and the SkyDragon v1 ROM provided in this guide are meant for the HTC One M8 model only. Do not attempt installing it on any other device, as it may inadvertently brick or damage the device. Verify the device model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Ensure the phone has at least 80% battery charge to avoid unexpected device shutdown during the ROM installation.
- Verify that the phone is in S-OFF mode.
- Make sure the correct USB drivers (download here or click here for Windows 8 drivers) are installed for the phone on computer.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone from Settings > Developer Options.
Steps to Install Android 5.0.1 SkyDragon v1 Lollipop Sense 6 ROM on HTC One M8
Step 1 - Download Android 5.0.1 SkyDragon v1 ROM and Google Apps for HTC One M8 on the computer.
Step 2 - Connect and mount the phone's USB mass storage on computer with USB cable.
Step 3 - Now, copy the downloaded Skydragon ROM zip file to the root folder on the phone's SD card.
Step 4 - Power off the phone and disconnect its USB cable from computer.
Step 5 - Now boot the device into fastboot mode as follows:
- Press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons together until the screen goes black.
- Release the Power button, but continue tapping the Volume Down key until fastboot menu appears. From here highlight Recovery option and hit Power button to enter Recovery mode.
Step 6 - Once the phone enters into CWM Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by clicking Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Use the Volume keys to navigate between options and Power button to select an option in the Recovery Mode.
Step 7 - Perform Wipe Cache Partition and wait until the process completes.
Step 8 - Perform Wipe Dalvik Cache as well. To do this, go to 'advanced' option and then click Wipe Dalvik Cache. This will help in preventing boot loop issues or any boot ROM related errors during firmware installation.
Step 9 - Return to the main recovery menu and choose Install Zip from SDcard.
Step 10 - Now click Choose Zip from SDcard. Use volume keys to navigate to the SkyDragon ROM zip file that you copied earlier to your phone's SD card and choose it by tapping the Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on the next screen and follow the instructions in Aroma installer to complete the installation.
Note: Repeat Step 9 and Step 10 to install Google Apps (Gapps) as well
Step 11 - Once the ROM and Gapps installation completes, go to "+++++Go Back+++++" and select Reboot System Now in the Recovery menu.
The phone will now reboot and the first boot may take about five minutes to complete. So, please be patient.
Your HTC One M8 is now running the latest Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Sense 6 ROM via SkyDragon v1 ROM. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.