The Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) has been ported on HTC One X with CM-10 EPRJ custom ROM. Thanks to the efforts of kholk, XDA Recognised developer, the ROM reportedly includes several optimisations that are made at compilation time. It features all the standard CM 10 features, new custom toolchain for improved code optimisation as well as better performance, in addition to the USB host mode and USB external storage auto-mount. The developer notes that usage of EternityProject Kernel 3.4 will help in producing best results.
Take a look at the steps below to install CM10-EPRJ ROM on HTC One X. Please note that the method could put your data at risk. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and reiterate we will not be held responsible for any consequences. We advise users to make a back-up of all data including APN settings before the installation.
Requirements: Please keep in mind that the method is compatible only with HTC One X. Make sure that the device's battery is charged up to 75 percent or more. Your device should be factory unlocked. Finally, ensure that ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery is already installed on your device.
- Download HTC One X USB drives from here and install them on your PC
- Download ROM from here and Google Apps from here
- Connect and mount your phone via USB cable
- Copy both the downloaded files in step 2 to your device's SD card
- Download EternityProject Kernel 3.4 from here and extract the file in any location in your PC. Now, run EXECUTE_ME.bat and install Kernel file
- Switch off your phone and get into bootloader mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons. Now, choose Bootloader and then go to Recovery
- In CWM recovery, perform wiping and then navigate to "flash zip from SD card" and select it
- Once again select "choose zip from sdcard" and then navigate to ROM file and select it. Press "Yes" to confirm installation
- After installing ROM, select choose zip from sdcard again and select gapps package to install Google Apps package
- Go back to recovery and reboot the device by selecting "reboot system now" to complete the Jelly Bean set-up.
Your HTC One X is now running on Jelly Bean with CM10-EPRJ ROM.
[Information Courtesy: TeamAndroid]