The Galaxy Fit S5670 has been upgraded to Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) via a CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM10.1) ROM. The Fit S5670 has low-end hardware (a 600MHz processor and only 280MB of RAM) but does seem able to run a stripped version of Jelly Bean.
The features that have been transferred to the Samsung device include multi-user support, Gesture Typing, a new Quick Settings option, a lock-screen widget, a new camera app, photosphere, an improved Google Now, a new daydream feature and miracast display.
Note: The unofficial build of the CM10.1 ROM is still under development and may have bugs or broken features that should be fixed in updates
- This CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are meant only for the Galaxy Mini (S5670)
- Ensure data back-up
- Verify correct USB drivers have been installed on the computer (download here)
- Ensure 80 percent battery charge
- Enable USB debugging mode on the device by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development
- Ensure device is rooted with ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery
- Download Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 ROM
- This guide and the instructions are meant for reference purposes only and do not cover any warranty claim involving device damage. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk
To Install Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) on Galaxy Fit (S5670) with CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM
- Connect the device to the computer with the original USB cable
- Copy the downloaded zip file to the root folder on the device's SD card, without extracting contents
- Disconnect the device from the computer and switch it off
- Re-start in CWM Recovery (to do so, press and hold Home and Power to boot into CWM Recovery; in this mode use Volume keys to navigate and Home to select a highlighted option)
- Make a Nandroid backup of existing ROM (to do so, choose Backup and Restore > Backup and return to main Recovery menu once backup is done)
- Perform a full data-wipe (to do so, choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes, wait until process completes and return to main Recovery menu)
- Select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card. Now locate the ROM file and select and confirm installation of file
- After installation, return to the main Recovery menu and tap Reboot System Now to reboot into the customised Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 ROM (first boot may take five minutes)
- Note: To restore previous ROM, boot into Recovery, choose Backup and Restore > Restore and select ROM from list.
The Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) based CM10.1 ROM has now been installed on the Galaxy Fit (S5670).
[Source: Android Jinn]