Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has refused to discuss reports suggesting Fernando Torres could return to Anfield in the January transfer window.
Torres is currently on loan at AC Milan from Chelsea but has scored just a single goal in 10 Serie A appearances this season, leading to suggestions the Italian giants are ready to cut short his spell.
Reports earlier this week indicated that Liverpool could re-sign Torres for a fee of around £10m, four years on from his departure from Merseyside for five times that amount.
However, Rodgers has refrained from commenting on the speculation linking the club with the Spanish forward.
"I won't comment on any player linked to here," he said. "My only concentration is working with the group here and if there's a possibility of strengthening in January, we'll take a look – at the right type of player."
Ahead of the start of the festive schedule, Liverpool will welcome back Mario Balotelli for the Boxing Day trip to Burnley after the Italian missed the draw with Arsenal through suspension.
Balotelli was absent from the 2-2 draw against the Gunners after being banned by The Football Association for an offensive Instagram message, but the ex-Manchester City forward also missed the League Cup win over AFC Bournemouth.
The Italy international was nursing a groin injury prior to returning to face Manchester United but is fit to return for Liverpool on Friday. However Joe Allen, Glen Johnson and Jon Flanagan remain out of contention.
"Mario Balotelli becomes available but there's no one else," Rodgers said in his pre-match press conference. "Allen, Johnson, Flanagan still out."
Both Allen and Johnson missed the games against Bournemouth and Arsenal while Flanagan is a long-term injury victim with a knee problem picked up earlier in the campaign.
"We'll be ready for a difficult game against players working hard to stay in the league," Rodgers added. "For us, it's about taking our game there and giving them problems."