Manchester United have announced yet another sponsorship tie-up as US lifestyle brand New Era signed a multi-year deal with the Red Devils to become their official leisure headwear partner. The Old Trafford club have not won a major trophy in two years, and only finished fourth in the Premier League last season.
However, their commercial machine continues to chug along irrespective of on-field underachievement. And now, New Era, best known as the maker of hats for every Major League Baseball team in the US, has become United's 20th global partner alongside the likes of Adidas, Aon and Chevrolet.
The Buffalo, New York-based company takes over as the club's headwear manufacturer from Nike, whose sponsorship deal with United expired in the summer.
Richard Arnold, Manchester United group managing director, said: "Manchester United's success is built on the support of its fans. Throughout history, our supporters have pledged their allegiance to United by wearing the club crest and we are delighted to be partnering with New Era to bring fans a fresh approach to the branded headwear available to them.
"With over 90 years in the industry, New Era is the leading creator of leisure headwear, producing quality products for sports fans all over the world and we are excited to be introducing its products to our loyal fanbase."
Including regional tie-ups, the Red Devils now have 65 official partners worldwide, which include:
The full list of United's global partners:
- Adidas - Official kit supplier
- Aon - Principal partner
- Chevrolet - Principal partner
- Abengoa - Official sustainable technology partner
- Aeroflot - Official carrier
- Aperol Spritz - Official global spirits partner
- Bulova - Official timekeeping partner
- Casillero del Diablo - Official wine partner
- DHL - Official logistics partner
- Epson - Official office equipment partner
- HCL - Official digital transformation partner
- Kamagames - Official social casino games partner
- Marathonbet - Official global betting partner
- New Age - Official leisure headwear partner
- Nissin Foods Group - Official global noodle partner
- Singha - Official beer partner
- Swissquote - Official forex and online financial trading partner
- Toshiba Medical Systems - Official medical systems partner
- Yanmar - Official global partner