The Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T recently received an Over-The-Air (OTA) update to firmware version 220.127.116.11 which comes with a few bug fixes as well as changes to the device's camera and boot animation. Asus users who have not received the update yet can now manually update to the latest update.
Take a look at the guide below to install the official firmware on your Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk.
- Please keep in mind that the below method is compatible only with Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T.
- Check the device's build number by heading to Settings > About tablet. If the build number starts with "TW", then your SKU is TW. If it begins with "US" then you have to download the firmware for the US SKU. If the build number starts with "WW", you must download the WW firmware.
How to update Pad Infinity TF700T to the latest official update firmware:
- Download the update from the official ASUS website. Choose Android from the drop down menu and select Firmware. Now, download the update file for your SKU
- On extracting the downloaded zip file, you will obtain another zip file
- Copy the obtained zip file to the device. If your tablet is running custom recovery such as ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP then copy the file to the internal SD card. If the device is running stock recovery then rename the file to "EP201_768_SDUPDATE" and copy it to the external SD card
- The following steps depend on whether you have stock recovery or custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP.
- For stock recovery
§ Turn off the device. Keep holding Power and Volume Down buttons until you see a message saying "Press Vol.Up to enter RCK (5s)". Within few seconds, press the Volume Up button to enter recovery
§ The update will begin installing and the tablet will reboot after completing the installation
- For custom recovery
§ Turn off the tablet. Keep holding Power and Volume Down buttons until you see a message saying "Press Vol.Up to enter RCK (5s)". Within few seconds, press the Volume Up button to enter recovery
§ Choose Wipe cache and then confirm the wipe by tapping on "Yes" [If you have TWRP recovery, then choose Wipe and then select Cache/dalvik cache]
§ Choose install zip from sdcard and then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to and choose the update file that has been copied to the device in step 3. Tap on "Yes" to confirm the installation. [If you have TWRP recovery, choose Install and then choose the update file]
§ Choose go back and select reboot system now to reboot the device. [If using TWRP recovery, choose the Reboot system button to reboot the device]
You have now installed the latest official update on your Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T.
[Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]