Ever since the Android 4.1.2 update has been released the Samsung Galaxy S3 has received several custom ROMs such as Slim Bean, Root Box and Omega. This time, the device gets a new custom ROM known as Capon Mod, thanks to efforts of XDA recognised developer known as AL92.
This custom ROM is based on stock FW XXDLIH. It features extended power menu, improved photo and video, smoother scrolling and more.
Users looking to install Capon Mod Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ROM may check out the method below but IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage in your device. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk. The ROM and procedure are compatible only with Galaxy S3 carrying model number i9300.
Requirements: Ensure that you have installed USB drivers for the Galaxy S3. Enable USB debugging by heading to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. Ensure that your phone's battery is left with a minimum of 30 per cent charge. Make sure that you have backedup all your data.
To install the Capon Mod Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ROM on your Galaxy S3:
- Download Capon Mod firmware package to your PC
- Connect and mount the Galaxy S3 USB memory on your PC via USB cable
- Copy the zip file to your device's SD card
- Unplug the phone and turn off to enter recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up + Home keys. While holding these buttons, turn on your Galaxy S3.
- In recovery mode, choose Wipe data/factory reset.
- Scroll to and select install zip from sd card > choose zip from internal sd card
- Navigate to and select the Android 4.1.2 zip file. Tap on Yes to confirm the installation
- After the installation, choose Go Back and reboot the device in normal mode by choosing reboot system now from recovery menu
Your Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 should have Capon Mod custom ROM installed in it.
[Information Courtesy: Android Advices]