VLC Player for Windows Phone has now received a bump to version 1.3.2 - up from the version 1.3.0 - and it's available for free download to users of Microsoft's Windows Phone 8.1 operating systems throughout the world.
VLC Player 1.3.2 comes with the following new features and enhancements:
- Back button added in search pages
- -VLC 1.3.2 now incorporates fixes for responsive design and UX issues in Search Pages
- - Lumia 1020/920/925 users get Responsive Design fix for issue that earlier threw up error message "Music Player isn't showing all controls in landscape mode"
- - Reduction in CPU/memory consumption via incorporation of customised in-process tweaks
- - 'FileNotFoundException' fixed when Sharing the now playing album, without cover
- Comparative reductions in app crashing
- Performance/stability enhancements and multiple bug fixes.
Check out the official Microsoft Windows Phone Store, to download VLC Player.
VLC Player is quite popular in the PC segment; the software is generally known as the "media player that is capable of playing all multimedia content irrespective of environment". Computer users have become accustomed to VLC more than other third-party multimedia content players.
The latest updated VLC Player app is available to download, in the form of a 11MB file.
Pre-requisites to download VLC for Windows Phone beta:
Before downloading the app, ensure that your Windows Phone 8.1 device fulfills the following requirements:
- Internet connection
- Music library
- Photos library
- SD card
- Videos library
- HD720P (720x1280)
- WVGA (480x800)
- WXGA (768x1280)
How to verify pre-requisites?
You can see what features the VLC for Windows Phone app requires, by tapping the app in the Windows Phone Store and swiping over to 'Details'.
Key Features of VLC player for Windows Phone:
- Plays all files in all formats, like the classic VLC
- Audio and video media library with full search
- Support for network streams including HLS