Xiaomi's Mi 4C mid-range smartphone is available on pre-orders on third party e-tailer GearBest. Both the 2GB and 3GB RAM variants have been listed on the site and Xiaomi loyalists in the UK, US and India can pre-order the 2GB edition for £158 ($240, Rs15,850).
GearBest has claimed that it will not levy shipping costs to buyers residing in a host of countries. The handsets are available in black and white colour variants. The e-tailer has claimed it will start shipping the device from 30 October. The 3GB variant is available for $290.
As the global unlocked variant of the Xiaomi Mi 4C is available for pre-ordering, users will have to check whether the handset is supported by network providers in their region, prior to placing their order. The network compatibility of the smartphone depends on local wireless service providers, which vary based on geography.
As GearBest is not an official channel partner of Xiaomi, potential buyers are advised to exercise caution and cross check the payment mechanism before placing orders.
Key technical specs of Xiaomi Mi 4C
- 5in IPS display
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) operating system, with MIUI 7 on top
- 1.44 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 and 1.82 GHz dual-core Cortex-A57 CPUs within a Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 SoC
- 13 MP rear camera
- 5 MP front camera
- 2/3 GB RAM
- 16/32GB fixed internal storage
- LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 2.0 and microUSB connectivity
- 3080 mAh fixed Lithium-Polymer battery.