Users of HTC One (M7), who have subscribed to T-Mobile's wireless network services in the US, can check out for the Android 5.0 (Lollipop) OS update on their devices.
Earlier in the week, HTC had officially confirmed that Android Lollipop update would roll out to its HCT One (M7) users beginning 10 March. According to new reports, the firmware has already begun seeding.
An Android Central report, citing a tip received by a member of their forum, says that the Android 5.0 Lollipop update for the T-Mobile HTC One M7 has begun rolling out in the US, a day earlier than planned.
TmoNews has also reported the news, quoting an email from a source claiming to have experienced Google's more recent OS update.
According to TmoNews, T-Mobile-driven HTC One (M7) users in US should notice the Android Lollipop firmware update in the form of a bulky 730MB size file available automatically via OTA.
Also, users should notice the new functionality set mentioned below, with the Android Lollipop OS update, plus the customary stability/performance enhancements and bug fixes:
- Material Design: A bold, colourful, and responsive UI design for consistent, intuitive experiences across devices.
- Notifications: View and respond to messages directly from your lock screen. Includes the ability to hide sensitive content for these notifications.
- Battery Saver feature: The new feature extends the device's battery life by up to 90 minutes.
- Incorporation of Recent Apps feature that should let users open up the most recently used applications.
- Enhanced security: Android Smart Lock can secure your phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like your wearable or car.
- Device Sharing: Multiple users for phones.
- New Quick Settings: Enables users to get to the most frequently used settings with just two swipes down from the top of the screen.
- Connectivity: Improved network handoffs resulting in limited interruption in connectivity
- Android TV: Support for TV devices.
- OK Google: Talk to Google on the go to get quick answers, send a text, get directions and more.
Download and installation of Android Lollipop within HTC One (M7)
T-Mobile-driven HTC One (M7) users should notice new OTA notifications that signify that the Android Lollipop OS update is available. Tap install now, and the update installs automatically in the background.
However, you can also install the latest firmware upgrade by searching for it manually. To initiate a manual search navigate to Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Check for Updates.