BlackBerry seems to have already begun rolling out the Android Marshmallow June security update for the Priv smartphone. BlackBerry recently announced the monthly maintenance update was scheduled for 6 June.
According to folks at CrackBerry forum who have received the early notification, the security patch has changed to 1 June, 2016 with new build code AAF153. Weighing in at 1805.3MB, the update brings a plethora of fixes for issues including those for Bluetooth, phone memory and many more. Below is the list of fixes you should see upon the update.
- Bluetooth connects with OnStar briefly but does not maintain connection
- SIM seen as new post device reboot
- Unable to find 5GHz networks
- SIM not detected msg"No SIM card" error
- Bluetooth Sharing stopped
- Phone gets very hot during Skype video chat and then disables up-link audio
- No MP3 track information passed over bluetooth
- Bluetooth sharing / connection fails repeatedly
- Bug reporter crash on preview screenshot
- Carrier name in status bar is not aligned properly (appears top aligned)
- Device extremely hot after OTA update
- Phone memory issue causing lag and overheating
- Class 0 message popup on device reboot
The June security patch is currently hitting the Priv models purchased from ShopBlackBerry and Amazon. You can also manually grab the update by going to Settings>> About>> System update>> Check for update.
Prior to this, BlackBerry released updates for the camera and keyboard updates for the Priv. The camera update includes advanced manual controls and new language and shortcuts for the keyboard.