The next Jelly Bean firmware update for the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S3 has leaked online, just four days before Samsung's IFA Mobile Unpacked event, scheduled in Berlin for 29 August.
Users looking to update their Galaxy S3s to this latest firmware may follow the instructions given below. However, IBTimes UK warns readers this installation is meant only for the Galaxy S3 i9300. In addition, we recommend users back up all important data and APN settings before proceeding and install USB drivers for the Galaxy S3 (click here for a tutorial on USB debugging). Finally, please ensure the Galaxy S3 is factory unlocked and has at least 80 percent of battery charge before proceeding further.
Steps to Install Android 4.1.1 XXDLH7 for Galaxy S3 i9300
- Download Android 4.1.1 XXDLH7 and extract file
- Download Odin v1.85
- Turn Galaxy S3 off and re-start in Download mode (simultaneously press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons till the Samsung Galaxy logo appears, after which press the Power button again to enter Download Mode)
- Connect Galaxy S3 to the computer using a USB cable, when the S3 is in Download Mode
- Start Odin on the computer and select files in order mentioned
- Click on PDA and select file CODE
- Click on Phone and select file MODEM
- Click on CSC and select file CSC
- Click on PIT and select file .pit
- Note: Ignore selection of files Modem, CSC and .pit if these are not visible
- Click to start installation
- After installation, the Galaxy S3 will restart. Disconnect phone from computer and restart a second time, again in Recovery Mode
- Select Wipe Data > Factory Reset to perform data wipe
- Select Reboot System to boot into new firmware
Congratulations.... the Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 is now running Android 4.1.1 XXDLH7 firmware. You can check software installed on your phone by navigating to Menu > Settings > About Phone.