Google's recent release of Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) for the Nexus 7 was followed by custom ROMs for various devices. The subsequent popularity of Jelly Bean Build 5 (based on Android 4.1.2) convinced the Android Kang Open Project (AOKP) team to release the Milestone 1 Jelly Bean custom firmware, based on Android 4.1.2 from AOSP. The custom ROM has been released for a number of Android devices including Nexus 7.
Features of Jelly Bean Milestone 1
- Adjustable NavBar width for tablets
- Allow "Vibrate on Touch" behavior for slide unlock
- Toggles can be hidden, as in ICS, - press and hold Settings button
- Clickable (short & long configurable) Clock and Calendar in the Notification slider
Nexus 7 users looking to update to Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean may follow this tutorial. IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device.
- Install appropriate USB drivers for Nexus 7 and enable USB debugging mode
- Ensure device is rooted and ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery is installed
- Back-up important data before proceeding
- Ensure battery carries more than 80 percent charge
- This guide is meant only for installation with the Nexus 7
To install Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean on Nexus 7
- Download AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean ROM
- Download Google Apps package
- Connect device to computer using USB cable and copy above files to device's SD card and then disconnect and turn device off
- Start device in CWM Recovery mode (to do so, start by pressing Volume Up, Down and Power buttons together)
- Select Wipe Data / Factory Reset from main menu of CWM Recovery
- Note: Users who have a different version of AOKP Jelly Bean ROM may skip this step.
- Scroll down to Flash Zip from SD Card and press Power to select option
- Press Power once again and select Choose Zip from SD Card. Using Volume buttons navigate to Android 4.1.2 ROM zip file and use Power to select and confirm installation
- After installation, follow similar procedure to select and install Google Apps package
- After installation, return to main Recovery menu and select Reboot System Now. The device will take about five minutes to reboot
Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean custom firmware is now installed on the Nexus 7. This can be verified by browsing to Settings > About Tablet.
[Source: Android Geeks]