David Marshall

Arsenal are preparing a move for £15m-rated Cardiff City goalkeeper David Marshall in the summer, according to the Telegraph.

The stopper has won a lot of fans in the Premier League this season with his performance between the sticks and has attracted interest from the Gunners, who want him at the Emirates as understudy to Wojciech Szczesny.

The player will come in as replacement for Lukaz Fabianski, who is leaving the club without renewing his contract with the Gunners.

Arsenal will face competition from Tottenham for his signature, with Spurs eying the player as a replacement for Hugo Lloris, who is set to leave the club in search of Champions League football.

Marshall was named Cardiff's player of the season after the Welsh club failed to keep their place in the Premier League and were relegated.

In February, the Scotsman signed a new contract with Cardiff, who won't be bullied into selling the star player, with time in their hand.

Liverpool have also enquired about the goalkeeper but are yet to make an official bid for the player. Arsene Wenger is unwilling to pay the full £15m being warranted by the club and believes that they can come to a settlement at a lesser fee.

The Gunners need a replacement for Bacary Sagna, who is leaving the club after refusing to extend his contract. Arsenal are also in the market for a striker and a defensive midfielder to help their cause and are reported to have launched an £18m bid for French winger Antoine Griezmann.

Meanwhile, Sagna has revealed that he is yet to sign for any club but insists that he will make up his mind before the World Cup in Brazil.

"Today, there's a 90 per cent chance I will leave [Arsenal] and 10 per cent that I will stay. I have been asking myself that question for a long time and it's the time for a new challenge," said Sagna.

"Several European and English clubs have contacted me. Certain talks have gone further than others and Manchester City are among them," he added.