The Asus Transformer Pad TF300T can now be upgraded to Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean), unofficially, via a CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM10.1) ROM. This CM10.1 ROM offers features like multi-user support, Gesture Typing, a new Quick Settings option, a lock-screen widget, a new camera app, photosphere, improved Google Now, a new daydream feature and miracast display.
However, this is a nightly build and still under development and may have a few broken features and/or bugs. IBTimes UK will not be responsible for damage to the device during installation.
- Ensure battery has at least 80 percent charge
- Ensure appropriate USB drivers are installed on computer (download here)
- Ensure Bootloader is unlocked
- Ensure USB debugging is enabled (browse to Settings > Applications > Development)
- Ensure device is rooted with ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery installed
Install Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) on Asus Transformer Pad TF300T via CM10.1 ROM
- Connect device to computer via original USB cable
- Copy downloaded files to root folder on tablet without extracting any files
- Disconnect USB cable and switch device off
- Re-start in Recovery (to do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power until message "Press Vol. Up to enter RCK (5s)" appears and then press Volume Up) (in Recovery mode, use Volume keys to browse and Power button to select options)
- In Recovery, make Nandroid back-up of existing ROM (to do so, select Backup and Restore > Backup and return to main Recovery menu after action is completed)
- In Recovery, perform a full data wipe (to do so, click Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes and return to main Recovery menu after action is completed)
- Select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card. Locate and select CM10.1 ROM file. Installation will now begin
- After installation, repeat above step to select and install Google apps package
- After installation, return to main Recovery and select Reboot System Now (first reboot may take five minutes)
- To restore previous ROM, boot into Recovery, choose Backup and Restore > Restore and select ROM from list
The CM10.1 ROM, based on Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) has now been installed on the ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T.
[Source: Android Jinn]