Christmas is truly the most wonderful time of the year, with people around the world waiting for Father Christmas, singing carols and eating mince pies.
IBTimes UK has complied ten quotes to share with family and friends on the day.
- "I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens
- "The only real blind person at Christmas-time is he who has not Christmas in his heart" - Helen Keller
- "Love the giver more than the gift" - Brigham Young
- "Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year" - Victor Borge
- "I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph" - Shirley Temple
- "Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts" - Janice Maeditere
- "One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly" - Andy Rooney
- "My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?" - Bob Hope
- "The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other" - Burton Hillis
- "Let's just say that on this day, a million years ago, a dude was born who most of us think was magic. But others don't, and that's cool. But we're probably right. Amen" - Homer Simpson
Five Christmas and New Year SMS messages
- May this day bring with itself joy and laughter, a delight to savour. Here's wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- It's the month of Cakes & Candles, Snow & Songs, Carols & Joy, Laughter & Love, It's December. Merry Christmas! Have a warm and cosy holiday
- The Magic of Christmas never ends and its greatest of gifts are family and friends. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- May you have the spirit of Christmas which is Peace, the gladness of Christmas which is Hope,
and the Heart of Christmas which is Love.
- With all good wishes to you and your family for health and happiness throughout the coming year. Have a wonderful holiday season!